Re: geo_decls.h oopsie... - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Dann Corbit
Subject Re: geo_decls.h oopsie...
Date
List pgsql-hackers
-----Original Message-----
From: Thomas Lockhart [mailto:lockhart@fourpalms.org]
Sent: Thursday, February 14, 2002 12:22 PM
To: Dann Corbit
Cc: Tom Lane; Hackers List
Subject: Re: geo_decls.h oopsie...

> > But to compare floating point, those are simply wrong.
> See previous discussions concerning the quality of the builtin
geometric
> types.  Not clear that it's worth worrying about, unless you want to
go
> in for a wholesale overhaul.  My own opinion is that PostGIS will
> supersede the need for these types...

Oops. I think that we will welcome any updates and fixes to any of the
built in features of PostgreSQL, no matter our individual opinions of
the usefulness of a particular feature (right??). In this case, the
return value patches would seem to be important and the second topic
should be addressed also.
Also, the PostGIS is under a far more restrictive license (E.g. I
cannot/won't use it.)
If fixing a bug is easy, why not fix it?  For most tests, there won't
be any difference anyway.  It is only when the numbers become large
or small that differences start to appear.