Re: Shared object "libpq.so.3" not found - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Reko Turja
Subject Re: Shared object "libpq.so.3" not found
Date
List pgsql-general
> locate libpq.so returned:
> /usr/home/markuser/postgresql-8.2.4/src/interfaces/libpq/libpq.so
> /usr/home/markuser/postgresql-8.2.4/src/interfaces/libpq/libpq.so.5
> /usr/local/lib/libpq.so
> /usr/local/lib/libpq.so.3
> /usr/local/pgsql/lib/libpq.so
> /usr/local/pgsql/lib/libpq.so.5

from the location of the source it seems you aren't building from
ports or using the builtin package system. Been using postgres on
FreeBSD and updating from source from 2001 or so without a single
glitch. As FreeBSD has one of the best infrastructures for building
interlinked binaries from source, I seriously suggest using it instead
of trying to reinvent the wheel ;)

-Reko