Re: Postgres idea list - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Dave Page
Subject Re: Postgres idea list
Date
List pgsql-hackers

I do, but I've had nothing but bad experiences with Java though I'm open
to new evidence/persuasion. I do agree that duplication of effort is not
a good idea and I'm certainly not against collaborating on a new version
though I must point out that having written pgAdmin from scratch twice
now (three times if you cound my original proof of concept) over the
last 5-6 years, I have *very* specific ideas on how pgAdmin should work.

I guess what I'm trying to say is that as it's been *my* project for
years (not forgetting the contributions from Jean-Michel & others),
changing that and working as another member of a team would be *very*
difficult for me.

I hope you can understand this, having spent hundreds of hours and
written 100,000+ lines of production code _almost_ single handedly it
gets kinda personnal :-)

Let me say now though, even if I do stay with my own version, if you
ever need help don't hesitate to ask.

Regards, Dave.