Re: Problem with grouping, uses Sort and GroupAggregate, HashAggregate is better(?) - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From Rolf Østvik (HA/EXA)
Subject Re: Problem with grouping, uses Sort and GroupAggregate, HashAggregate is better(?)
Date
List pgsql-performance

Did you mean enable_sort = 'off' for 8.2.1?

I tried to set enable_sort = 'off' for both the
8.1.4 server and the 8.2.1 server.
Both servers used the same plan as Run 4 and Run 3 respectively.
There were of course some changes in the planner cost for the sort
steps, but the execution times was of course the same.

Regards
Rolf Østvik