Re: Use extended statistics to estimate (Var op Var) clauses - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Mark Dilger
Subject Re: Use extended statistics to estimate (Var op Var) clauses
Date
List pgsql-hackers

> On Aug 11, 2021, at 3:48 PM, Mark Dilger <mark.dilger@enterprisedb.com> wrote:
>
> I'm working on a correlated stats test as I write this.  I'll get back to you when I have results.

Ok, the tests showed no statistically significant regressions.  All tests included the same sorts of whereclause
expressionsas used in the tests from yesterday's email.

The first test created loosely correlated data and found no significant row estimate improvements or regressions.

The second test of more tightly correlated data showed a row estimate improvement overall, with no class of whereclause
showingan estimate regression.  I think the apparent regressions from yesterday were just statistical noise.

—
Mark Dilger
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company