Re: Views, views, views! (long) - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Dann Corbit
Subject Re: Views, views, views! (long)
Date
List pgsql-hackers

have.

Equally interesting would be:
How many duplicate keys do I have?

An interesting database option might be:
For any foreign key, if there is no existing inversion entry index then
build one.

Another interesting database option might be:
Check the system catalogs for duplicate indexes and remove them if there
are any two completely identical (in columns, asc/desc and type).
> Another popular query that gets asked on IRC is "how do I find out
what
> permissions have been granted to user X?"  Try doing _that_ one in the
> system catalogs.

Obviously, this is a clear oversight by the standards committee.
PostgreSQL is clearly not the only database with this important need.

majordomo@postgresql.org)