Re: font size - Mailing list pgsql-www

From Michael Glaesemann
Subject Re: font size
Date
List pgsql-www
On Jan 15, 2005, at 8:50, Gavin Sherry wrote:

> On Fri, 14 Jan 2005, Dave Page wrote:
>

>> 1) We replace the user quote on the front page with the survey.
>
> Argh. Please, can we not. I just don't see the point of the survey.

I'm in agreement here. I don't know how useful the survey is.

>> 2) The sub headings (H2 iirc) are made either darker, or a more
>> prominent color than the current grey.
>
> Sure. I go for darker colour.

+1

>> 3) After a couple of weeks or so, if the users request it we increase
>> the default font size a little. I think somewhere between the current
>> small and large sizes.
>
> I think we leave the font as it is. I run at a high screen resolution.
> The
> font *would* be a problem if we didn't have the text size toggle on
> top of
> all pages. More over, since it remembers your preference, there
> shouldn't
> be a problem. The only change I can think of is a toggle to reduce the
> size. I think Michael requested this.

Personally I don't think we need a smaller size. I like it how it is,
and personally think the larger size doesn't look as professional.

The font size switcher is in fact just a css switcher. It could
potentially be used to choose between a lot more options: color, size,
layout--anything that is controlled through css. I think making the
gray darker would also call attention to the fact that the font size
option is there.

Perhaps three sizes could be made available, Small (current normal),
medium (current Larger), and Large (100%).

Michael Glaesemann
grzm myrealbox com