Re: [pgsql-advocacy] freecode.com - Mailing list pgsql-www

From Marc Fournier
Subject Re: [pgsql-advocacy] freecode.com
Date
List pgsql-www
On Nov 22, 2013, at 11:00 , Stefan Kaltenbrunner <stefan@kaltenbrunner.cc> wrote:

> On 11/22/2013 08:01 PM, Stephen Frost wrote:
>> * Stefan Kaltenbrunner (stefan@kaltenbrunner.cc) wrote:
>>> honestly - I would strongly vote on removing postgresql completely from
>>> freecode(and related sites), we seem to struggle to update references on
>>> external sites for years and years now and I don't think we actually
>>> gain a lot (if at all) from maintaining our presence there.
>>
>> If that meant PG wouldn't actually show up on those sites, that'd be
>> fine, but that's not how it works.  *Someone else* will just end up
>> posting about us up there when they figure out we're not listed or
>> whatever, and then it'll end up in the same situation.
>
> well - afaik we stopped maintaining our sourceforge entry and that one
> was taken over by SF directly and is now a) always updated and b) not a
> problem any more.
>
> I consider that being a good thing if you look at the archives on -www
> and -advocacy for that download^advertising platform.

considering that there is a release checklist, starting from packaging straight though to press releases, why isn’t
thispart of that checklist in the first place?

it gets sporatically maintained because nobody thinks about it … make it part of the checklist of what needs to be done
atrelesae, and it will no longer be forgot …