Re: Installation of contrib/tablefunc - problems - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Stefan Schwarzer
Subject Re: Installation of contrib/tablefunc - problems
Date
List pgsql-general
>> ld: file not found: ../../src/backend/postgres
>
> It appears to be trying to link to the postgres executable (which is
> presumably built with --export-dynamic to usefully permit that). The
> postgres executable doesn't appear to be there.
>
> At a guess, the module expects to be built from a particular location
> within the postgresql source tree, probably contrib/tablefunc, and
> you're building it somewhere else.

Yes, as indicated, I have a macports-postgres version, and try to get
the tablefunc into that...

What can I do now? Do you have any suggestions? How should postgres be
compiled in order to allow a later insertion of tablefunc?

Thanks for any hints,

Stef