Re: progress of long running operation - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Scott Ribe
Subject Re: progress of long running operation
Date
List pgsql-general
On Dec 27, 2012, at 12:46 PM, Tom Lane wrote:

> Or you could run contrib/pgstattuple's pgstattuple() function every so
> often --- it will report the uncommitted tuples as "dead", which is
> inaccurate, but you'd be able to see how fast the number is increasing.

That's exactly the kind of thing I was hoping for. I'm actually inserting into an empty table, so "dead" tuples would
bedead accurate in my case ;-)

Or I could suck it up and do them in batches instead of one giant pass...

--
Scott Ribe
scott_ribe@elevated-dev.com