Re: Format SQL (external tool) - Mailing list pgadmin-support

From Shane StClair
Subject Re: Format SQL (external tool)
Date
List pgadmin-support
Good idea, I'll switch this over to pgadmin-hackers. Thanks.

On Sat, Feb 1, 2014 at 10:06 AM, J.F. Oster <jinfroster@mail.ru> wrote:
Hello Shane,

I'd like to see some code beautifier in PgAdmin too.
Do you already have an eye to a CLI tool for this job?

I saw Free SQL Formatter (http://fsqlf.sourceforge.net/) under LGPL,
which seems ok. May be, we can adopt it as a built-in default
formatter (hope it will compile under MacOS, Solaris and FreeBSD).
If things go well, it can be developed to support Postgre's SQL
extensions and PL/pgSQL constructs as well.

In short, seems a good idea to me, I could participate in it's
implementation :)

P.S. Should this be posted to [pgadmin-hackers]?

--
Best regards,
 J.F.

--