Re: [HACKERS] Pluggable storage - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Alexander Korotkov
Subject Re: [HACKERS] Pluggable storage
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Fri, Feb 23, 2018 at 2:20 AM, Robert Haas <robertmhaas@gmail.com> wrote:
On Fri, Feb 16, 2018 at 5:56 AM, Alexander Korotkov
<a.korotkov@postgrespro.ru> wrote:
> BTW, EnterpriseDB announces zheap table access method (heap with undo log)
> [2].  I think this is great, and I'm looking forward for publishing zheap in
> mailing lists.  But I'm concerning about its compatibility with pluggable
> table access methods API.  Does zheap use table AM API from this thread?  Or
> does it just override current heap and needs to be adopted to use table AM
> API?  Or does it implements own API?

Right now it just hacks the code.  The plan is to adapt it to whatever
API we settle on in this thread.

Great, thank you for clarification.  I'm looking forward reviewing zheap :)

------
Alexander Korotkov
The Russian Postgres Company