Initialize the User-defined Aggregate in ECPG - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Chengjie Qin
Subject Initialize the User-defined Aggregate in ECPG
Date
List pgsql-general
Hi all,

I'm using the embedded SQL in C to create the User-Defined Aggregate(UDA).
The command is :
CREATE AGGREGATE aggname( sfunc=kmeans,
                         stype=double precision[],
                         finalfunc=kmeansfinal,
                         INITCOND='{1,2,3}');

Since I need to do the aggregation in multiple rounds. I need to initialize
the INITCOND using the execution result of last execution (aggregation.)
Any one can tell me how can I initialize the INITCOND using host variables
instead of hard code the INITCOND?

The reason why I need to do this is that I am implementing the K-Means Clustering
algorithm which is a recursive algorithm. Now my idea of doing this is I get the result from
one round aggregation, DROP the AGGREGATE, and CREATE a new AGGREGATE
using the result of last round.

Jay