Re: repmgr.service - Mailing list pgsql-pkg-yum

From Martín Marqués
Subject Re: repmgr.service
Date
List pgsql-pkg-yum
Hi,

> Hi,
>
> On Wed, 2015-12-30 at 18:59 -0300, Martín Marqués wrote:
>
>> Last patch of the day. The one with changes to the spec file.
>>
>> Please check them and if there's something to fix let me know and
>> I'll take care of it next week.
>
> I checked this today. Some parts of this patch is already committed.

Hum, I recall doing a git pull before applying the changes. Anyway, I
don't think I'll be able too go through the whole patching again now.
I can send you 1 patch for 1 file if that suffices.

> Why did you add postgres user with repmgr? That is done as a part of
> PostgreSQL RPMs, which is a Requires: part.

I was think what you meant with this, and now I understand. Yes,
adding the postgres user again is completely useless. My bad there.

We *do* want to use postgres instead of a separate repmgr OS user, as
we need this to be able to perform the promote and follow commands.

Regards,

--
Martín Marqués                http://www.2ndQuadrant.com/