Re: Slonik! - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Valeria Kaplan
Subject Re: Slonik!
Date
List pgsql-advocacy
Hi Bryan,

I completely understand, and think it is always a good idea to reflect on how Postgres is perceived based on current branding. My point is that the logo is merely a tool that helps a brand to be recognisable and we risk losing that if we switch to your design. It might be that it is the risk the community willing to take but it's important to recognise it and to understand what we would gain from it.

I am not sure what you mean by scalability?

I think in any case, a variation of an elephant logo might be handy for local conferences or events that are looking for a near-Postgres-logo, but don't have the means to develop it themselves (like those cool graphics that Fabio shared from PGConf.Brasil.)

Kind regards,
Valeria