Re: PG11.2 - wal_level =minimal max_wal_senders = 0 - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Benoit Lobréau
Subject Re: PG11.2 - wal_level =minimal max_wal_senders = 0
Date
List pgsql-general
Hi,

Make sure that the new settings of wal_level and max_wal_senders don't interfere with your backup strategy.
The two parameters have an impact on wal archiving as well.

Ben.

Le jeu. 5 sept. 2019 à 08:33, Luca Ferrari <fluca1978@gmail.com> a écrit :
On Wed, Sep 4, 2019 at 10:44 PM Jason Ralph
<jralph@affinitysolutions.com> wrote:

> Thank you Luca,
> Can I ask one more related question, I have no need for replication as noted below, can I safely disable the worker process via the setting below? In my sandbox it does turn off the logical replication launcher, I just wanted to be sure I am not affecting anything other than replication with this setting.
>

> max_logical_replication_workers = 0     # taken from max_worker_processes
>                                         # (change requires restart)

Quite frankly I've never done, but I don't see why you should not turn it off.

Luca