Re: Human readable or full text of xlog (pg_xlog) for vs 9.2 - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Ash Damle
Subject Re: Human readable or full text of xlog (pg_xlog) for vs 9.2
Date
List pgsql-general
WAL was not set or archive ..

Thus I would conclude that PITR was not activated.. correct?

Ash

On Sun, May 26, 2013 at 7:39 PM, Ash Damle <ash@medgle.com> wrote:
I don't know if I have PITR on.. how can I check?

Have a backup buts it from a little while ago.. currently pulling it up on another machine and then will extract that data, but its not 100% current ... :(

Ash

On Sun, May 26, 2013 at 7:36 PM, Amit Langote <amitlangote09@gmail.com> wrote:
On Mon, May 27, 2013 at 11:27 AM, Ash Damle <ash@medgle.com> wrote:
> Hello. I have some data that was accidently deleted.
> I have not done a vacuum etc.
>
> I know the raw text of the data should be in the xlog file.
>
> However when using xlogdump of pg_filedump I am not able to get a complete
> non compressed version of the data. Is the xlog compressed in a standard way
> that I can "uncompress" it or is there a simple way to convert it over.
>
> Thanks so much.
>
> Any suggestions would be very very much appreciated.

Have you been taking backups? Or do you have a backup you could
restore to using PITR?

--
Amit Langote