Re: looking for old rpm - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Etienne Champetier
Subject Re: looking for old rpm
Date
List pgsql-general
Hi,

On 9/21/2015 12:31 AM, Etienne Champetier wrote:
I'm looking for old postgres rpm, like
postgresql93-server-9.3.6-1PGDG.rhel6.x86_64.rpm

(one of our software is "certified" with this minor version ...)

I cringe when I see requirements like this.     did they also 'certify' this applicaiton to only run on whatever was the day's snapshot build of the OS, such that any newer security updates and bug fixes can't be applied to RHEL 6 ?

Yes they do :), they certify centos 6.5 stock, without updates \o/
We are going to update, just when we call the support we will have to prove that it's there app that is buggy, not all the (minor) updates ...

Having old rpm can also be useful to build new dev env in sync with production env (when you update slowly)

specific to 9.3.6, you'd be missing out on the fixes ...
http://www.postgresql.org/docs/current/static/release-9-3-7.html
http://www.postgresql.org/docs/current/static/release-9-3-8.html
http://www.postgresql.org/docs/current/static/release-9-3-9.html