Doubts about replication.. - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Edmundo Robles
Subject Doubts about replication..
Date
Re: Doubts about replication..  (Adrian Klaver <adrian.klaver@aklaver.com>)
Re: Doubts about replication..  (Andreas Kretschmer <andreas@a-kretschmer.de>)
List pgsql-general

I have several versions of postgres 9.4.5, 9.4.4, 9.4.15 (3), 9.5.3
in different versions of Debian 7.6, 7.8, 7.11, 8.5 and 8.6.

I need to replicate the databases and I have clear that I must update all to one version.
My main question is, Do you  recommended me update to 9.6 or better update to 10?.

Actually, is not the goal have high availability . I will use replication as simple backup.
For reasons of $$$ I can only have 1 server in which I will replicate the 6 databases.

Do you recommend using a postgres service for the 6 databases?, or better, I think,   I must run  a postgres service in different ports, for each  database?.

thanks in advance.
regards!