Re: PSA: If you are running Precise/12.04 upgrade your kernel. - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Scott Marlowe
Subject Re: PSA: If you are running Precise/12.04 upgrade your kernel.
Date
Re: PSA: If you are running Precise/12.04 upgrade your kernel.  (Nikhil G Daddikar <ngd@celoxis.com>)
List pgsql-general
On Thu, Jun 6, 2013 at 4:35 PM, Joshua D. Drake <jd@commandprompt.com> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I had the distinct displeasure of staying up entirely too late with a
> customer this week because they upgraded to 12.04 and immediately
> experienced a huge performance regression. In the process they also upgraded
> to PostgreSQL 9.1 from 8.4. There were a lot of knobs to change/fix/modify
> because of this. However, nothing I did fixed the problem. Until... I
> upgraded the kernel.
>
> Upgrading from 3.2Precise to the 3.9.4 kernel produced the following
> results:

I've since heard that 3.4 also fixes this issue as well.

What are you using for your IO on these boxes?