Re: Stability in Windows? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Scott Marlowe
Subject Re: Stability in Windows?
Date
List pgsql-general
On Fri, Feb 24, 2012 at 8:53 AM,  <mgould@isstrucksoftware.net> wrote:
> We are using it on a rather beefy server with no problems with a Win32
> client/server app.  There are additonal things you can do to tune the
> database.  I've not seen any stability problems.  Remember it's been
> several years since version 8 came out and the current version is 9.1.2.

Also there were known, unfixable architecture bugs in 8.1 windows
pgsql and it was abandoned because of that.

Generally, stability is pretty good as long as you don't get the
dreaded "could not reattach to shared memory" issue.  Not sure if that
ever got truly fixed or not.  Performance on the other hand, is where
running on unix or linux is a big help.  For 20 windows should be
fine.  For 200 I'd rather run it on linux.