Re: "Too far out of the mainstream" - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Scott Marlowe
Subject Re: "Too far out of the mainstream"
Date
Re: "Too far out of the mainstream"  (Chris Travers <chris.travers@gmail.com>)
List pgsql-general
On Tue, Sep 4, 2012 at 11:28 AM, Mike Christensen <mike@kitchenpc.com> wrote:
> On Mon, Sep 3, 2012 at 3:38 PM, Geert Mak <pobox@verysmall.org> wrote:
>> I have been looking into heroku lately, they run on PostgreSQL -
>>
>> https://postgres.heroku.com/postgres
>
> Went out to lunch with a guy who worked for Redfin as well.  I guess
> they're all Postgres over there too..

Since there's no reporting requirements for using postgresql
commercially etc, it's kind of a stealth database.  It's all over the
place and nobody knows it.  Meanwhile, finding qualified PostgreSQL
DBAs is pretty tough because of it's silent yet explosive growth in
usage.