Re: Commands history with psql in a Windows command line shell - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Melvin Davidson
Subject Re: Commands history with psql in a Windows command line shell
Date
List pgsql-general

On Tue, Aug 2, 2016 at 11:40 AM, David G. Johnston <david.g.johnston@gmail.com> wrote:
On Tue, Aug 2, 2016 at 11:31 AM, Melvin Davidson <melvin6925@gmail.com> wrote:
Are you doing this in PostgreSQL 7.3 and Windows XP? Can you provide us with a little more useful information like current PostgreSQL version and O/S?
Otherwise we have absolutely no idea what the problem might be.

"Windows (8.1)" refers to the O/S version.

Knowing the PostgreSQL version probably won't make a difference though knowing how it was installed might (though not for me personally).

David J.

Thank you, Based on
https://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.5/static/app-psql.html#APP-PSQL-ENVIRONMENT

The following may be pertinent.

If -n / --no-readline was specified, then command history is not used.

What happens if you issue the \s command in psql? Is history supported?

What is the value for HISTFILE?

--
Melvin Davidson