Re: Replicate over pgbouncer? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Melvin Davidson
Subject Re: Replicate over pgbouncer?
Date
List pgsql-general
Since you did not specify your O/S and PostgreSQL version, I'll just point you to the documentation for 9.1.

http://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.1/interactive/different-replication-solutions.html

It looks very much to me like you are trying to use a hammer to turn a screw. pg_bouncer is not designed for replication.  I strongly suggest you review the url provided and pick the method that best suits your needs.

On Thu, May 21, 2015 at 2:00 PM, Peter Eisentraut <peter_e@gmx.net> wrote:
On 5/21/15 12:12 PM, Andomar wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Today I installed pgbouncer.  I added a second installation as a hot
> standby.  Before starting the standby, I configured "recovery.conf" to
> connect to pgbouncer.
>
> This results in an error message:
>
>     Pooler Error: Unsupported startup parameter: replication
>
> Is it possible to replicate over a connection through pgbouncer?

Currently not.