Re: Segment best size - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From Rodrigo Barboza
Subject Re: Segment best size
Date
List pgsql-performance

On Fri, Apr 12, 2013 at 10:20 PM, Jeff Janes <jeff.janes@gmail.com> wrote:
On Friday, April 12, 2013, Rodrigo Barboza wrote:
Hi guys.
I compiled my postrges server (9.1.4) with default segment size (16MB).
Should it be enough? Should I increase this size in compilation?

To recommend that you deviate from the defaults, we would have to know something about your server, or how you intend to use it.  But you haven't told us any of those things.  Is there something about your intended use of the server that made you wonder about this setting in particular?

Anyway, wal seg size is one of the last things I would worry about changing.  Also, I suspect non-default settings of that parameter get almost zero testing (either alpha, beta, or in the field), and so would consider it  mildly dangerous to deploy to production.

Cheers,

Jeff

I was receiving warning messages of pgstat timeout.
I started looking for the solution for this problem and this doubt came out.
But it doesn't seem to be the problem.