Re: Is a modern build system acceptable for older platforms - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Yuriy Zhuravlev
Subject Re: Is a modern build system acceptable for older platforms
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Arguing with people and telling them that they're wrong or (as you appear to be doing) that they're old and out of touch isn't going to make them any more likely to want to use your code.

You are totally wrong, I didn't it, especial called somebody "old".
Perhaps you think like this because I wrote next:
Key developers will be changed by people with another experience and habits (and maybe younger).

In this context under "younger" I mean different experience are getting now a new generation of developers. They don't know "news", "mailists", "bbc", "fidonet", "IRC", "perl", "C" and true terminals, but they know "github", "python", "C++", "Java", "gitter", "discord", "JS".
It's all this not a bad it's just obvious difference. Even more, I think "old" experience better, but all this experience dictates development styles and tools.

There are many projects I've spent weeks developing code for a feature that I thought was the business, only to have the maintainer and/or users say "no thanks": that's the spirit of open source.

I agree, I know it but also I still think change build process really need for Postgres community for growing.  At now, I can't see "no thanks".

I notice that you ignored the two other paragraphs of my email. I appreciate that you're finding this frustrating but selectively picking like that rarely helps a discussion progress beyond point-scoring.

Because, I agree with this obvious things and not understand how it tied with our discussion.  Looks like you understood my words in wrong key. Sorry for that.