Re: [pgsql-advocacy] Is the Postgres Association part of smile.amazon.com? - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Eric Ridge
Subject Re: [pgsql-advocacy] Is the Postgres Association part of smile.amazon.com?
Date
List pgsql-advocacy
On Sat, Apr 8, 2017 at 8:45 AM Stephen Frost <sfrost@snowman.net> wrote:

This seems like a pretty good idea to me, so I'll see what can be done.

Yeah, I think it's 1% of each purchase that can be donated.  As a shopper, you *must* go through smile.amazon.com, but that doesn't seem to impact their catalog -- everything I've ever wanted to buy I've found at smile.amazon.com.

> Anyways, I wanted to ask.  Amazon has donated something like $46M to
> charities since February this year, and it'd be cool if some of that went
> to Postgres.

Definitely!

Users don't get the tax benefits of course, but it's kinda cool to tell a giant gorilla where to send some of its cash.

(ha!  too bad AWS RDS doesn't donate some percentage of its hourly rate back to Postgres)

Thanks for looking into this.  Definitely let me and the rest of the world know when you get PgUS tied in.

eric