Commitfest overflow - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Simon Riggs
Subject Commitfest overflow
Date
Re: Commitfest overflow  ("David G. Johnston" <david.g.johnston@gmail.com>)
Re: Commitfest overflow  ("David G. Johnston" <david.g.johnston@gmail.com>)
List pgsql-hackers
There are 273 patches in the queue for the Sept Commitfest already, so
it seems clear the queue is not being cleared down each CF as it was
before. We've been trying hard, but it's overflowing.

Of those, about 50 items have been waiting more than one year, and
about 25 entries waiting for more than two years.

One problem is that many entries don't have official reviewers, though
many people have commented on Hackers, making it difficult to track
down items that actually need work. That wastes a lot of time for
would-be reviewers (or at least, it has done for me).

Please can there be some additional coordination to actively clear
down this problem? I won't attempt to come up with ideas to do this,
but others may wish to suggest ways that avoid Committer burn-out?

I will be happy to volunteer to be part of an organized approach that
spreads out the work.

Thanks

--
Simon Riggs                http://www.EnterpriseDB.com/