Re: WIP: WAL prefetch (another approach) - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Simon Riggs
Subject Re: WIP: WAL prefetch (another approach)
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Thu, 7 Apr 2022 at 08:46, Thomas Munro <thomas.munro@gmail.com> wrote:

> With that... I've finally pushed the 0002 patch and will be watching
> the build farm.

This is a nice feature if it is safe to turn off full_page_writes.

When is it safe to do that? On which platform?

I am not aware of any released software that allows full_page_writes
to be safely disabled. Perhaps something has been released recently
that allows this? I think we have substantial documentation about
safety of other settings, so we should carefully document things here
also.

--
Simon Riggs                http://www.EnterpriseDB.com/