Re: How to session_preload_libraries multiple libraries in postgresql.conf - Mailing list pgsql-novice

From Payal Singh
Subject Re: How to session_preload_libraries multiple libraries in postgresql.conf
Date
List pgsql-novice
On Wed, Dec 13, 2017 at 2:24 PM, Stephen Froehlich <s.froehlich@cablelabs.com> wrote:

I’m no at all sure the syntax in postgresql.conf that one uses to put multiple libraries in session_preload_libraries.

Right now I have the following in my postgresql.conf:

session_preload_libraries = 'pgcrypto'

session_preload_libraries = 'auto_explain'

session_preload_libraries = 'tablefunc'

auto_explain.log_min_duration = '3s'

but auto_explain doesn’t seem to be appearing in the log unless I load it manually in a session … what am I doing wrong here?

Thanks,

Stephen

Its just same as shared_preload_libraries. Both take in a string as parameter, so can use a comma to separate the libraries:

session_preload_libraries = 'pgcrypto , auto_explain , tablefunc'

Payal Singh,
Database Administrator,
OmniTI Computer Consulting Inc.
Phone: 240.646.0770 x 253