Re: Vertica targeting PostgreSQL users - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Simon Riggs
Subject Re: Vertica targeting PostgreSQL users
Date
List pgsql-advocacy
On 20 November 2017 at 16:28, Joshua D. Drake <jd@commandprompt.com> wrote:
> On 11/20/2017 01:23 PM, Simon Riggs wrote:
>>

>> Josh,
>>
>> I believe you just made up "fake news" about 2ndQuadrant.
>>
>> Please explain your source of this information, or retract and apologise
>> now.
>

> If you read the email I believe the source is clear. If the source is
> incorrect or I am misunderstanding what 2Q is doing, please feel free to
> clear it up.

You have written

> the bad news is both of
> these companies are move their clients to their closed platforms as soon as
> possible:
>
> https://www.2ndquadrant.com/en/resources/2ndqpostgres/

Clearly, the web page you cite is not a source for your comments, nor
do I believe any such source exists because that is not nor has it
ever been a 2ndQuadrant goal/activity.

If you do not have any source then it is clear you just made that up.
Writing bad news that you just made up is damaging.

State your source, or retract.