Re: Releasing in September - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Simon Riggs
Subject Re: Releasing in September
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On 20 January 2016 at 20:29, Joshua D. Drake <jd@commandprompt.com> wrote:
On 01/20/2016 10:53 AM, Simon Riggs wrote:
On 20 January 2016 at 15:40, Bruce Momjian <bruce@momjian.us
<mailto:bruce@momjian.us>> wrote:

    Many people where happy with our consistent releasing major releases in
    September, e.g. 9.0 to 9.3:

What is the point in having a special mailing list to discuss the
release schedule plus a face-to-face dev meeting to discuss this if we
are going to discuss it here?

Because, like core although they (may) have the final word, taking solid feedback from people not on that committee or having that discussion publicly lends itself to:

 * Community
 * Transparency
 * The Open Source way

I'm in agreement with your points.

It's clear I'd placed too much emphasis on the meeting and the time reserved for it, not realising some key people would be excluded and the effects that might have. I withdraw my earlier comments and apologize.