Re: Releasing in September - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Joshua D. Drake
Subject Re: Releasing in September
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On 01/20/2016 10:53 AM, Simon Riggs wrote:
> On 20 January 2016 at 15:40, Bruce Momjian <bruce@momjian.us
> <mailto:bruce@momjian.us>> wrote:
>
>     Many people where happy with our consistent releasing major releases in
>     September, e.g. 9.0 to 9.3:
>

> What is the point in having a special mailing list to discuss the
> release schedule plus a face-to-face dev meeting to discuss this if we
> are going to discuss it here?

Because, like core although they (may) have the final word, taking solid
feedback from people not on that committee or having that discussion
publicly lends itself to:
 * Community * Transparency * The Open Source way

> ISTM the wrong starting point to discuss plans in an unplanned way and
> assume that everyone has time to take part today, right now.

If it is important to them, they will make time. Everybody has a choice.

Sincerely,

JD

--
Command Prompt, Inc.                  http://the.postgres.company/                     +1-503-667-4564