Re: Freeze avoidance of very large table. - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Simon Riggs
Subject Re: Freeze avoidance of very large table.
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On 5 August 2015 at 18:46, Alvaro Herrera <alvherre@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:

What do others think?

Wow, everything moves when you blink, eh? Sorry I was wasn't watching this. Mainly because I was working on some other related thoughts, separate post coming.

1. Most importantly, it needs to be somewhere where we can use the function in a regression test. As I said before, I would not commit this without a formal proof of correctness.

2. I'd also like to be able to make checks on this while we're in production, to ensure we have no bugs. I was trying to learn from earlier mistakes and make sure we are ready with diagnostic tools to allow run-time checks and confirm everything is good. If people feel that means I've asked for something in the wrong place, I am happy to skip that request and place it wherever requested.