Re: Uber moving towards MySQL - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Simon Riggs
Subject Re: Uber moving towards MySQL
Date
List pgsql-advocacy
> So I am that someone, and would be happy to explain that further off-list, but it seems like this is off the table at
thispoint..  Primarily, It was more about having a unified community message coming from us particularly around how we
asa community encourage feedback and are willing to learn from it, and to utilize the resources we have available (e.g.
mailinglists) to air questions and concerns so we can address them.

Maybe not a fully unified message, but I have at least tried to address this.

Thoughts on Uber's List of Postgres Limitations
http://blog.2ndquadrant.com/thoughts-on-ubers-list-of-postgres-limitations/

I do also see this as a positive thing, allowing us to get publicity
and explain how and why we do things.
Let me know if y'all would like any words or phrases edited.

I've also been working through various design improvements based upon
this feedback.