Re: Uber moving towards MySQL

From: Bruce Momjian
Subject: Re: Uber moving towards MySQL
Date: ,
List: pgsql-advocacy

Tree view

Uber moving towards MySQL  (Santiago Zarate, )
 Re: Uber moving towards MySQL  ("Joshua D. Drake", )
 Re: Uber moving towards MySQL  (Josh Berkus, )
  Re: Uber moving towards MySQL  (Santiago Zarate, )
 Re: Uber moving towards MySQL  (Robert Bernier, )
  Re: Uber moving towards MySQL  (James Keener, )
  Re: Uber moving towards MySQL  (Bruce Momjian, )
   Re: Uber moving towards MySQL  (Gavin Flower, )
   Re: Uber moving towards MySQL  ("Jonathan S. Katz", )
  Re: Uber moving towards MySQL  (Michael Banck, )
   Re: Uber moving towards MySQL  (Damien Clochard, )
    Re: Uber moving towards MySQL  (Bruce Momjian, )
     Re: Uber moving towards MySQL  ("Jonathan S. Katz", )
      Re: Uber moving towards MySQL  (Simon Riggs, )

On Tue, Aug  2, 2016 at 08:11:22PM +0100, Simon Riggs wrote:
> > So I am that someone, and would be happy to explain that further off-list, but it seems like this is off the table
atthis point..  Primarily, It was more about having a unified community message coming from us particularly around how
weas a community encourage feedback and are willing to learn from it, and to utilize the resources we have available
(e.g.mailing lists) to air questions and concerns so we can address them.

> Maybe not a fully unified message, but I have at least tried to address this.

Right.  My point is that when leadership makes a statement, it can be
seen as trying to keep everyone in line with a single message.  When the
groups speak organically, it is seen as more genuine, and the Hacker
News posting picked up on that.

Maybe we need a new slogan, "Postgres, a Class Act".

--
  Bruce Momjian  <>        http://momjian.us