Re: Call for design: PostgreSQL mugs - Mailing list pgsql-general

From patrick keshishian
Subject Re: Call for design: PostgreSQL mugs
Date
List pgsql-general
On 9/9/13, John R Pierce <pierce@hogranch.com> wrote:
> On 9/9/2013 1:22 PM, patrick keshishian wrote:
>> If printing inside the mug is too difficult, cost prohibitive, then stick
>> with the smiling elephant at the outside bottom of the mug.
>

> as I rarely see mugs with anything printed on the bottom, I suspect this
> too would add significantly to the cost

I'm not sure how cost prohibitive it is to print on the inside
or bottom of mugs, as I have not had a need to shop around
for such thing.

The reason you rarely see mugs with stuff printed in the bottom
is due to the fact, printing on the bottom of mugs is a more subtle
"promotion" tactic. Otherwise, the manufacturer of the mug typically
prints its logo/mark at the bottom of mugs. So this is far more
common than you would think.

Here is an example on amazon. 4th picture for this item:
http://www.amazon.com/Mustache-Printing-Funny-Dishwasher-Microwave/dp/B009FBLLHG

Printing inside mugs is also common, I actually own at least one
mug with printed words/design inside the mug. And I got it from
Hawaii (a Hawaiian mug actually), and it was relatively inexpensive.
I don't recall paying more than $5 or $6 (USD) for it.

Cheers,
--patrick