Re: Call for design: PostgreSQL mugs - Mailing list pgsql-general

From patrick keshishian
Subject Re: Call for design: PostgreSQL mugs
Date
Re: [pgeu-general] Call for design: PostgreSQL mugs  (roppert <roppert@gmail.com>)
Re: Call for design: PostgreSQL mugs  (patrick keshishian <pkeshish@gmail.com>)
Re: Call for design: PostgreSQL mugs  (Andreas 'ads' Scherbaum <adsmail@wars-nicht.de>)
List pgsql-general
On 9/3/13, Andreas 'ads' Scherbaum <adsmail@wars-nicht.de> wrote:

> PostgreSQL folks!
>
> We are looking for the next big thing. Actually, it's a bit smaller: a
> new design for mugs. So far we had big blue elephants, small blue
> elephants, frosty elephants, white SQL code on black mugs ... Now it's
> time to design something new.
>

> What's in for you? Fame, of course - we will announce the designer of
> the next mug along with the mugs itself. Plus 4 mugs for you and your
> friends.
>

> Do you have a cool idea? Please let us know. Either reply here or send
> an email to pgeu-board@postgresql.org.

One more idea, which is on the "cute"/lighter side. This idea
can be reversed/is reversible, so you get two ideas i one:

- Outer face of the mug just simple words "PostgreSQL"
  optionally with a URL to official web-site.
- On the inside bottom of the mug face of a cute elephant looking
  at you with a smile.
- On the outside bottom of the mug, the rear end of the elephant
  with tail and all.

You can reverse the bottom images and get a second design, where
the inside bottom of the mug is the rear of the elephant with tail and
all, and the outside bottom of the mug is the smiling elephant :-)

If printing inside the mug is too difficult, cost prohibitive, then stick
with the smiling elephant at the outside bottom of the mug.

This type of a design would be a good ice-breaker/conversation
starter in office meetings, etc.

--patrick