Re: Images in the official documentation - Mailing list pgsql-docs

From Craig Ringer
Subject Re: Images in the official documentation
Date
Re: Images in the official documentation
List pgsql-docs
On 26 February 2018 at 04:12, Steve Atkins <steve@blighty.com> wrote:

Writing SVG by hand maybe doesn't seem the best idea.

I understand the attraction to people who want to store everything as diffable text, but images of this sort are unlikely to get updated by others, which means they're unlikely to be maintained as the things they're intended to document change. It also means that the people best suited to generating diagrams are the least likely to do so, and vice-versa.

Yeah, I think it'd just effectively preserve the status quo by rendering anyone who's willing to add images and designs to the docs unable - or unlikely to be willing - to do so.