Re: pgadmin4 ssl HELP! - Mailing list pgadmin-support

From Jeff Janes
Subject Re: pgadmin4 ssl HELP!
Date
List pgadmin-support
On Fri, Aug 11, 2017 at 4:30 AM, Иванов Евгений Сергеевич <zhenja86@gmail.com> wrote:
I can not solve the problem. I use pgadmin4 v 1.6 through the web
(apache2). In the database connection settings in the SSL-mode
parameter, select "Verify-FULL". When I try to connect, I get an
error: "root certificate file" /var/lib/wwwrun/.postgresql/root.crt
"does not exist. Either provide the file or change sslmode to disable
server certificate verification."

Problem: The path by which the application searches for the
"/var/lib/wwwrun/.postgresql/root.crt" certificate is the same for all
users of pgadmin4. That makes it impossible to use this application as
a multi-user application when using SSL.

If multiple users are all using the same machine, then there is already one person they all trust--the person who has root access to that machine.  Why wouldn't that person sign all the certs, or arrange for them to be signed?

Cheers,

Jeff