Re: sslcompression / PGSSLCOMPRESSION not behaving as documented? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Jeff Janes
Subject Re: sslcompression / PGSSLCOMPRESSION not behaving as documented?
Date
List pgsql-general
On Fri, Jan 16, 2015 at 10:34 AM, Maciek Sakrejda <maciek@heroku.com> wrote:
> Thanks, everyone. That seems to be it. I still haven't gotten it to work (I
> tried setting OPENSSL_DEFAULT_ZLIB=true in
> /etc/postgresql/9.2/main/environment and restarting the server, then adding
> the same env var when connecting with the client), but now that I know where
> the problem is, I think I can work through it.

Did you ever get it to work on Ubuntu?  If so, what did you have to do?

OPENSSL_DEFAULT_ZLIB doesn't seem to do anything on Ubuntu 14.04.  It
is suggested it should work on earlier versions
(http://www.ubuntu.com/usn/USN-1898-1/) but there is no mention of it
on newer versions.

Cheers,

Jeff