Streaming Replication and Firewall - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Ian Harding
Subject Streaming Replication and Firewall
Date
List pgsql-general
I updated the firewall rules on a streaming replication standby server
and thought nothing of it.  I later happened to notice on the primary
that ps aux | grep stream didn't show streaming to that server
anymore.  On the standby that command still showed the wal receiver
patiently waiting for new data.

I know I broke it, but would anything have eventually happened, or
would the wal receiver keep patiently waiting as the world passed it
by?

I simply restarted the standby cluster and all is well.

Thanks!

- Ian