Re: Issue enabling track_counts to launch autovacuum in 9.4.5 - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Derek Elder
Subject Re: Issue enabling track_counts to launch autovacuum in 9.4.5
Date
List pgsql-general
The root cause ended up being an /etc/hosts file with incorrect permissions, but I'll file this command away in the knowledge base.

Thanks for the assist Alvaro!

Derek

On Wed, Mar 2, 2016 at 1:36 PM, Alvaro Herrera <alvherre@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:
Derek Elder wrote:

> From what I had read, this setting should be on by default. When I checked
> our other servers I see that track_counts is on and the autovacuum process
> is working correctly on them. Indeed we don't even have the setting
> explicitly listed in our postgresql.conf on these servers.
>
> We first tried a simple restart, but that didn't work.

Try
  ALTER SYSTEM RESET track_counts;

--
Álvaro Herrera                http://www.2ndQuadrant.com/

This message, and any documents attached hereto, may contain confidential or proprietary information intended only for the use of the addressee(s) named above or may contain information that is legally  privileged. If you are not the intended addressee, or the person responsible for delivering it to the intended addressee, you are hereby notified that reading, disseminating, distributing or copying this message is strictly prohibited. If you have received this message by mistake, please immediately notify us by replying to the message and delete the original message and any copies immediately thereafter.  Thank you for your cooperation.