Re: B-Tree support function number 3 (strxfrm() optimization) - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Peter Geoghegan
Subject Re: B-Tree support function number 3 (strxfrm() optimization)
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Mon, Jul 28, 2014 at 4:41 PM, Peter Geoghegan <pg@heroku.com> wrote:
> Actually, come to think of it that might not quite be true.

Another issue is that we might just happen to use the "C" locale when
the AC_TRY_RUN program is invoked, which probably doesn't exhibit the
broken behavior of Mac OS X, since at least with glibc on Linux that
leaves you with a blob exactly matching the original string. Then
again, who knows? The Mac OS X behavior seems totally arbitrary to me.
If I had to guess I'd say it has something to do with their providing
an open standard shim to a UTF-16 based proprietary API.

--
Peter Geoghegan