Re: Minor clarifying changes to abbreviated key abort code comments - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Peter Geoghegan
Subject Re: Minor clarifying changes to abbreviated key abort code comments
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Tue, Nov 3, 2015 at 11:15 AM, Robert Haas <robertmhaas@gmail.com> wrote:
> OK, I see.  Fixing comments in the back-branches is not always a
> productive use of time, and in general I might like it if you pushed
> for such things less frequently.  But I've done it anyway in this
> instance.

I guess I favor doing it where the comment is actually wrong, which
does apply here -- we don't *rely* on anything. We could very well
abort when state is TSS_BUILDRUNS, but we elect not too, since
TSS_BUILDRUNS is taken to mean that it's too late for aborting to be
worth it.

Thanks
--
Peter Geoghegan