Re: removing old ports and architectures - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Peter Geoghegan
Subject Re: removing old ports and architectures
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Fri, Oct 18, 2013 at 9:55 AM, Ants Aasma <ants@cybertec.at> wrote:
> FWIW, I think that if we approach coding lock free algorithms
> correctly - i.e. "which memory barriers can we avoid while being
> safe", instead of "which memory barriers we need to add to become
> safe" - then supporting Alpha isn't a huge amount of extra work.

Alpha is completely irrelevant, so I would not like to expend the
tiniest effort on supporting it. If there is someone using a very much
legacy architecture like this, I doubt that even they will appreciate
the ability to upgrade to the latest major version.

--
Peter Geoghegan