Re: wrapping in extended mode doesn't work well with default pager - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Greg Stark
Subject Re: wrapping in extended mode doesn't work well with default pager
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Mon, Jul 7, 2014 at 8:35 AM, Sergey Muraviov
<sergey.k.muraviov@gmail.com> wrote:
> So what's wrong with the patch?
> And what should I change in it for 9.5?

Possibly nothing. The concern was tha it's modifying the output in
cases where the output is not \expanded and/or not wrapped. Now I've
mostly convinced myself that those cases should change to be
consistent with the wrapped output but there was at least one tool
depending on that format (check_postgres) so perhaps it's not
worthwhile and having it be inconsistent would be safer.

--
greg