Re: wrapping in extended mode doesn't work well with default pager - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Noah Misch
Subject Re: wrapping in extended mode doesn't work well with default pager
Date
List pgsql-hackers
This remains open for 9.4.  Your proposal to revert the feature in 9.4 and fix
it in 9.5 sounds reasonable.

On Thu, Jul 10, 2014 at 04:15:35PM +0100, Greg Stark wrote:
> On Mon, Jul 7, 2014 at 8:35 AM, Sergey Muraviov
> <sergey.k.muraviov@gmail.com> wrote:
> > So what's wrong with the patch?
> > And what should I change in it for 9.5?
>
> Possibly nothing. The concern was tha it's modifying the output in
> cases where the output is not \expanded and/or not wrapped. Now I've
> mostly convinced myself that those cases should change to be
> consistent with the wrapped output but there was at least one tool
> depending on that format (check_postgres) so perhaps it's not
> worthwhile and having it be inconsistent would be safer.

I did try psql-wrapped-expanded-fix-v5.patch with the tests Peter and I posted
upthread, and those tests now behave as they do in released versions.  What
cases did you find that still change vs. 9.3?

Thanks,
nm

--
Noah Misch