Re: Commitfest 2023-03 starting tomorrow! - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Greg Stark
Subject Re: Commitfest 2023-03 starting tomorrow!
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Tue, 4 Apr 2023 at 11:18, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:

> > * clean up permission checks after 599b33b94
>
> I believe that the actual bug fixes are in, and what's left is just a test
> case that people weren't very excited about adding.  So maybe this should
> get closed out as committed.

I'm not super convinced about this one. I'm not a big "all tests are
good tests" believer but this test seems like a pretty reasonable one.
Permissions checks and user mappings are user-visible behaviour that
are easy to overlook when making changes with unexpected side effects.

It seems like the test would be just as easy to commit as to not
commit and I don't see anything tricky about it that would necessitate
a more in depth review.

--
greg