Re: Nav-bar wrap around with 1280px width display - Mailing list pgsql-www

From Greg Stark
Subject Re: Nav-bar wrap around with 1280px width display
Date
List pgsql-www
On Thu, 19 Apr 2018 at 13:05, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:

> Justin Clift <justin@postgresql.org> writes:
> > A comment on the Hacker News thread about the new website seems like it might
> > be useful:
> >   'Top navigation needs a rethink. At 1280px width resolution "Your account"
> >    wraps to make room for the Search box.'
>
> > Just tried it here with Firefox on OSX, and yep the Your Account bit does
> > wrap around.
>
> Yeah, that happens for me too, and it contributes to the excessive
> use of vertical space that I've been whining about.  My display is
> a good bit wider than 1280px ... but the window I give Safari isn't.

I'm seeing the navbar actually appear on top of the content now hiding
the first few lines of the page. That completely hides the new release
banner and partially hides the list of releases making it hard to tell
what release you're actually looking at.

Didn't we decide to get rid of the fixed nav bar already? It seems
like just a recipe for wasting precious vertical space, especially on
small screens like mobile screens.

--
greg